- Voted AGAINST HB152 (2023) seeking a constitutional amendment to add the fundamental right of parents to decide the nurture, education, care, custody, and control of their children
- Co-sponsored HB70 (2023) to provide relative to diminution of sentence and parole eligibility for offenders convicted a fourth or subsequent time of a nonviolent felony offense
- Co-sponsored HB75 (2023) to increase the penalties for distribution or possession with intent to distribute fentanyl or carfentanil and provides for aggregate weights for the substance
- Co-sponsored HB523 (2023) to provide relative to licensing standards for juvenile detention facilities.
- Introduced HB562 (2023) to provide relative to the Motion Picture Production Tax Credit.
- Introduced HB563 (2023) to provide incentive payments for newly employed law enforcement officers
- Introduced HB564 (2023) to provide for fixed-odds racehorse wagering within land-based casino and the payment of audited net profits from such wagering to licensed racing associatio
- Introduced HB571 (2023) to provide relative to the regulation of carbon capture and sequestration
- Introduced HB605 (2023) to provide for the regulation of consumable hemp products
- Introduced HB630 (2023) to clarify that charter boat fishing guide activities are considered commercial fishing for purposes of sales and use tax exemptions
- Introduced HCR02 (2023) to provide for a hospital stabilization formula pursuant to Art. VII, §10.13 of the Constitution of La., including assessments and reimbursement enhancements
- Introduced HCR103 (2023) to request the Louisiana U.S. Congressional delegation to support the extension of funding for the federal Affordable Connectivity Program of 2021
- Introduced HCR113 (2023) to memorialize the U.S. Congress to ban the import of shrimp and crawfish from outside the United States
- Introduced HB681 (2022) seeking a constitutional amendment to establish the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Commission
- Introduced HB756 (2022) to transfer responsibility of the maintenance of specified buildings and grounds in the capitol complex to the lt. governor through the Dept. of Culture, Recreation and Tourism subject to the authority and direction of the speaker of the House and the president of the Senate and creates a special fund for such purposes
- Introduced HB758 (2022) to regulate industrial hemp and consumable hemp products
- Introduced HB760 (2022) to remove the filing fee charged for submission of dissolution proceedings
Ray Garofalo v Bob Owen are vying to replace term-limited Sharon Hewitt in Louisiana's first senatorial district near Slidell.
Bossier Parish's House District 9 has Dodie Horton facing challenger Christopher D Turner. Who's who and what's what? I'm glad you asked!
We've been watching Louisiana Senate District 22 for a while. Let's admit it - we've all been not wanting to watch now for way too long.
Heather Cloud’s fantastic SB7 (now Act 436) was signed into law by the governor. The bill requires every local library board in Louisiana to prioritize the innocence of children through a uniform, written policy.
The surest sign of a suspicious financial transaction is a short deadline. It's no accident, then, that it was an artificial deadline that justified breaking the rules and breaking the bank.
The state's premier RINO is now poised to become Louisiana's new 'chief elections officer.'
When it comes to the issue of voter integrity one of the top talking points is cleaning up the voter rolls. We took a cursory look at a few parishes, but the shock came in Orleans. You won't want to miss this one.
It's been so quiet in the Lafayette City Court race that many of you have been asking us to take a look. So, here's what you should know about the candidates.
Republicans are constantly trying to convince you that they are doing everything they can. The truth is, they are not. They count on not having to stick to their word or stand by their vote. Is insincerity the reason they fear a veto session? Senate, the place...
People follow our content because we aren't afraid to point out when those with nefarious intent hijack the process for their own selfish gain. In fact, it's one of my favorite things to tell you about.