- Introduced HB186 relative to unethical election practices related to making false statements about candidates
- Introduced HB441 to carve out on exception for classified police service in the City of Rayne requiring the appointing authorities in that city to select and appoint to any vacancy a person who is among the three highest in departmental seniority
- Introduced HB706 to create the crime of menacing and provide for criminal penalties
- Introduced HB829 providing additional regulation of alcoholic beverage delivery
- Introduced HB1016 to provide for licensing for people selling catalytic converters
- Introduced HCR90 requesting the State Board of Election Supervisors to study and make recommendations regarding extending the time period between the primary and general election and to make recommendations regarding ways to accomplish the election of congressmen in Louisiana on federal election day
Jamie Pope contributed (greatly) to this article. Governor Edwards vetoed thirty-one (31) bills in the 2021 regular session. There are two that have garnered most of the attention. However, as we'll outline below, a large number of these vetoes kill very good...