- 2023 - Received a 100% Pro-Life Voting Record with Louisiana Right to Life.
- 1 of only 19 to vote against breaking the spending cap (SCR3 2023)
- Voted in favor of moving forward (House - Civil Law and Procedure Committee) Valarie Hodge’s HB537 prohibiting foreign ownership of immovable property. (Video 42:10) May 15, 2023
- Moved to and voted to favorably report as amended (House – Administration of Criminal Justice Committee) Danny McCormick’s HB131 on Constitutional Carry. (Video 1:02:35) May 16, 2023
- Introduced HB281 (2023) to add to the purposes of the La. Automobile Theft and Insurance Fraud Prevention Authority (LATIFPA) and changes the composition of its board of directors
- Introduced HB309 (2023) to provide that all insurers that are required to submit rating plans to the commissioner of insurance must provide credits and discounts
- Introduced HB382 (2023) to authorize establishment of catastrophe savings accounts for owners of primary residences and owners of commercial property; provides for tax deductions for contributions to, and allowable uses of monies in, such accounts
- Introduced HB462 (2023) to require each public school governing authority to post on its website certain fiscal information and requires the treasurer to post the information on the website of the Dept. of the Treasury
- Introduced HB595 (2023) to create the La. Towing and Recovery Board to govern the motor vehicle towing industry
- Introduced HB604 (2023) to require the La. Dept. of Insurance to establish and maintain an umpire registry to be known as the "Umpire Roster" which shall function as a repository individuals who can aid in the appraisal process
- Introduced HB747 (2022) to require instruction on the "I Have a Dream" speech and prohibit certain concepts regarding sex, race, ethnicity, and national origin in content standards, curricula, textbooks, and staff professional development programs
- Introduced HB787 (2022) to require public school governing authorities to disclose certain information relative to training, activities, and learning materials on school and school district websites
- Introduced HB838 (2022) to create and provide for a program to provide state funding for the education of students not enrolled in a public schools
- Introduced HB1014 (2022) to provide relative to equality and transparency in public education and prohibits the inclusion of certain concepts related to race, ethnicity, religion, color, or national origin
Ray Garofalo v Bob Owen are vying to replace term-limited Sharon Hewitt in Louisiana's first senatorial district near Slidell.
Before the Veto Override Session began the political games were in full swing. From legislators not showing up to the governor admitting he made threats and promises to whip votes, the people never stood a chance at being represented. Inability to Perform Duties...
Most adults are aware of the devastating impact segregation had on America. It is crucial that we never repeat this part of history. This is why some lawmakers do not feel segregation should be pushed on children in Louisiana schools. Unfortunately, House Speaker,...
With friends like these, who needs enemies? Louisiana republicans are incapable of uniting even with a super majority. Democrat Ted James runs the speaker and the house. Maybe he is the leader everyone needs. You don't see democrats sacrificing each other in a...