- Introduced HB293 to require existing one- or two-family dwellings to have a carbon monoxide detector containing a long-life, sealed battery at the time of sale or lease
- Introduced HB417 to authorize early learning centers to maintain a supply of auto-injectable epinephrine for emergency use
- Introduced HB429 to establish a rebate for state sales and use taxes paid by nonprofit charitable organizations on purchases of construction and building materials used for constructing, rehabilitating, or renovating residential dwellings
- Introduced HB649 relative to the policy of corporal punishment in elementary and secondary schools
- Introduced HB685 to change the procedure that the legislature may use to terminate a governor's declaration of an emergency from a petition of one house to a majority vote of both houses
- Introduced HB701 to provide the procedures for the legislature to terminate a declaration of a state of disaster or emergency; provides for the declaration of a state or emergency in parishes and municipalities; requires the approval of the governing authority of the parish or municipality before a declaration of a state of emergency may continue for a period exceeding 90 days
Can We Please Get Back to Education?
On Monday, Louisiana's House Committee on Education met with Louisiana Department of Education for an update on the social studies standards development. The focus of the meeting was procedure. Parents also expressed concern about the curriculum. The meeting began...
Clay’s Republican Turmoil
Most adults are aware of the devastating impact segregation had on America. It is crucial that we never repeat this part of history. This is why some lawmakers do not feel segregation should be pushed on children in Louisiana schools. Unfortunately, House Speaker,...
Republican Self Destruction
With friends like these, who needs enemies? Louisiana republicans are incapable of uniting even with a super majority. Democrat Ted James runs the speaker and the house. Maybe he is the leader everyone needs. You don't see democrats sacrificing each other in a...