- 2022 Gay City Proclamation
- 2021 Gay City Proclamation
- $210,000 "Fitness Court"
- $1.5 MILLION for private apartment complex
- $4.2 MILLION to build a Racetrac Gas Station
- Co-Authored anti-business mask mandate
- Voted in favor of a 1% sales tax and a 2% sales tax increase in the Holy Rosary Institute Economic Development District
- Voted in favor of a 1% sales tax and a 2% sales tax increase in the Northway Economic Development District
- Voted in favor of a 2% sales tax and a 2% sales tax increase in the Trappey Economic Development District
- Voted in favor of a 1% sales tax and a 2% sales tax increase in the University Gateway Economic Development District
- Introduced and voted in favor of an ordinance transferring adjudicated property to SUN CHDO and/or Chris Williams
- Voted to Appoint Kenneth Boudreaux to Fire and Police Civil Service Board
- Voted to give a family member's business special wavers
PULLED: Cook drops conflicted property giveaway
We've always said that our public employees tend to do a better job when they know someone is watching. Could this be yet another example of our watchfulness actually changing bad behavior in local government?
COOK-ING IT UP
In the past few months, we've been conducting an investigation into what appears to be Lafayette Councilman, Nanette Cook, casting votes on the City Council that have directly benefited her own family's business interest.
Lafayette City Court Special Election Research
It's been so quiet in the Lafayette City Court race that many of you have been asking us to take a look. So, here's what you should know about the candidates.
No fiscal impact?
That "no fiscal impact" box always seems to be ticked on ordinances coming out of local government. Whether or not they actually believe there will be no fiscal impact remains to be proven. We've seen it so very many times, that it was finally time to take a really good look at one of these. Turns out we were right. It's just another unnecessary project, another bridge to nowhere, another taxpayer funded boondoggle.
He won’t be returning these Christmas gifts from LCG
As the season of family gatherings, food, and giving winds down, receivers of gifts are assessing which to keep and which to return. For a fortunate few, it's time to pull out the adding machine to help tabulate just how well they did. One of those will be SUN...
Unprecedented 8% tax increases on Tuesday!
On Tuesday, September 1, 2020, the City and Parish Council agendas include unprecedented tax increases of around eight-percent (8%). What makes this unique isn't the amount of the increase, but that, for the first time in the history of the Lafayette councils, they...
Battle for the heart of Lafayette’s Republican Party
On July 11, 2020, Lafayette Democrats and Republicans will go to the polls for the Presidential Preference Primary. In addition to selecting who will represent their party in the upcoming Presidential election, up for grabs is the heart and soul of the Lafayette...
Yes, Josh Guillory can stop the taxing districts
Many regular readers will remember that the council introduced five new tax districts on November 19th. That was only THREE-DAYS after they were re-elected on November 16th. After all, they couldn't very well have announced their intention to immediately raise your...
What Coronavirus? LCG spends $1.5 million on “Artist Lofts”
Reminder: red text links to source documents. The government is famous for sneaking things through when no one is looking. In Lafayette, for example, the local council is famous for trying to sneak new taxes past voters during festival or holiday seasons. So, when...
Team Carlee’s revenge?
Reminder: red text links to source material. No one expected that the Lafayette Republican Party would be the point of the spear in Lafayette's recent Mayoral race. That's because their engagement was far and above what any local party has attained across the...