- 2023 - Received a 83% Pro-Life Voting Record with Louisiana Right to Life as a State Legislator.
- 07/13/2023 - Declared that the veto override session required by Article 3, Section 10 of the Louisiana Constitution was unnecessary.
- Voted to defer (Senate – Health and Welfare Committee) Gabe Firment’s HB648 seeking to prohibit certain procedures to alter the sex of a minor child. (Video 2:20:00) May 24, 2023
- Introduced SB29 (2023) to provide relative to the use of a surgical smoke plume evacuation system
- Introduced SB39 (2023) to establish the Community Options Waiver Fund and provides for dedication of revenues and use of monies in the fund
- Introduced SB115 (2023) to provide relative to educational benefits for children, spouses, and surviving spouses of certain veterans
- Introduced SB210 (2023) to provide relative to the practice of optometry
- Voted against SB44 (2022) the "Fairness in Women's Sports Act", to require an athletic team or sporting event sponsored by an elementary, secondary, or postsecondary educational institution to be designated, based upon the biological sex of team members
The surest sign of a suspicious financial transaction is a short deadline. It's no accident, then, that it was an artificial deadline that justified breaking the rules and breaking the bank.
In the past few months, we've been conducting an investigation into what appears to be Lafayette Councilman, Nanette Cook, casting votes on the City Council that have directly benefited her own family's business interest.
It's been so quiet in the Lafayette City Court race that many of you have been asking us to take a look. So, here's what you should know about the candidates.
That "no fiscal impact" box always seems to be ticked on ordinances coming out of local government. Whether or not they actually believe there will be no fiscal impact remains to be proven. We've seen it so very many times, that it was finally time to take a really good look at one of these. Turns out we were right. It's just another unnecessary project, another bridge to nowhere, another taxpayer funded boondoggle.
Since former Library Director, Teresa Elberson, resigned on Friday, January 29th, 2021, the press has been circling the wagons with one article after another. The thrust of these articles has been to suggest the library board is wrongfully persecuting the perfect...