- 2023 - Received a 23% Pro-Life Voting Record with Louisiana Right to Life.
- 07/13/2023 - Declared that the veto override session required by Article 3, Section 10 of the Louisiana Constitution was unnecessary.
- Voted to defer (Senate – Health and Welfare Committee) Gabe Firment’s HB648 seeking to prohibit certain procedures to alter the sex of a minor child. (Video 2:20:00) May 24, 2023
- Introduced SB97 (2023) to provide relative to the ad valorem tax exemption in Louisiana for affordable housing
- Introduced SB142 (2023) to authorize the utilization of court reporters licensed in another state in certain circumstance
- Introduced SB148 (2023) to provide relative to employment practices related to wage history, wage disclosure, and retaliation
- Introduced SB149 (2023) to provide relative to the state minimum wage
- Introduced SB216 (2023) to provide that the owner of a firearm which is stolen from his vehicle is liable for damages, if the firearm is subsequently used in the commission of a felony
- Introduced SB327 (2022) to provide for the seizure of firearms from persons who pose a risk of imminent injury to self or others
- Introduced SB343 (2022) to require each parish to have at least two early voting locations and requires early voting locations for certain municipalities
- Introduced SB451 (2022) to repeal fees related to obtaining an expungement order
Every Legislator is limited to only five non-fiscal bills this session. Some are great, but, as expected, some are nuts.
Most adults are aware of the devastating impact segregation had on America. It is crucial that we never repeat this part of history. This is why some lawmakers do not feel segregation should be pushed on children in Louisiana schools. Unfortunately, House Speaker,...