District: Senate District 39
Moon Griffon Nickname:
Seat mate: Jay Morris
Phone: 318-632-5970 call
Email: [email protected]
- November 18, 2023 - Elected Senator representing District 39, defeating Cedric Glover.
- 2023 - Received a 40% Pro-Life Voting Record with Louisiana Right to Life as a State Legislator.
- 07/13/2023 - Declared that the veto override session required by Article 3, Section 10 of the Louisiana Constitution was unnecessary.
- Introduced HB348 (2023) to revise procedures for the reporting and investigation of threats of terrorism or violence at schools
- Introduced HB366 (2023) to authorize the legislature to enact employee leave polices which are uniformly applicable to all state government employers and employees
- Introduced HB396 (2023) to require the registrar to reinstate the voter registration of a person whose registration was suspended following an order of imprisonment if the person is no longer identified as subject to suspension on certain lists submitted to the registrar or if the registrar receives certain documentation showing the person is no longer subject to suspension
- Introduced HB538 (2023) to provide for additional early voting locations in certain parishes and the payment of certain expenses related to those additional locations
- Introduced HB610 (2023) for purposes of computing individual income tax, increases the tax-exempt amount of annual retirement income from $6,000 to $10,000
- Introduced HB642 (2023) to provide for the levy of sales and use taxes on certain digital products, provides for administration of sales and use taxes, and provides for exclusions and exemptions from sales and use taxes
- Introduced HR104 (2023) to request the adoption and implementation of paid parental leave policies for state employees to take care of a newborn child, recently adopted child, or recently placed foster child in addition to sick and annual leave. Requires the submission of either a copy of the paid parental leave implemented by the State Civil Service Commission and other agencies and officials for the state employees within their purview or, if no policy has been implemented, a report regarding barriers or impediments preventing the implementation of paid parental leave to the House and Governmental Affairs Committee and to the David R. Poynter Legislative Research Library no later than Dec. 1, 2023
- Voted against SB44 (2022) the "Fairness in Women's Sports Act", to require an athletic team or sporting event sponsored by an elementary, secondary, or postsecondary educational institution to be designated, based upon the biological sex of team members
- Introduced HB357 (2022) to provide relative to changing polling places in the time period leading up to an election
- Introduced HB995 (2022) to establish a special fund in the state treasury and directs the state treasurer to deposit $20,000,000 of federal funds from the American Rescue Plan Act into the fund. Requires monies in the fund to be invested in the same manner as monies in the state general fund. Requires interest earned on investment of fund monies to be deposited into the fund. Provides that until Dec. 1, 2024, unexpended and unencumbered monies in the fund must remain in the fund. Directs the state treasurer to transfer any unexpended and unencumbered monies in the fund on December 1, 2024, and any interest attributable thereto, to the La. Rescue Plan Fund. Requires all monies in the fund to be used solely to finance implementation and execution of a state-funded program for family and medical leave