District: Senate District 05
Moon Griffon Nickname: 504-568-2740
Email: [email protected]
- 2023 - Received a 27% Pro-Life Voting Record with Louisiana Right to Life.
- 07/13/2023 - Declared that the veto override session required by Article 3, Section 10 of the Louisiana Constitution was unnecessary.
- Introduced SB111 (2023) to provide relative to system upgrades to the Louisiana Bureau of Criminal Identification and Information and the Louisiana Supreme Court Case Management Information System to the expungement process
- Introduced SB127 (2023) seeking a Constitutional Amendment to authorize the local governing authority of each parish to provide a limited ad valorem tax exemption for qualified first responders
- Introduced SB156 (2023) to provide that no property insurance policy shall prohibit an insured from hiring a public adjuster
- Introduced SB195 (2023) to establish an individual income tax credit for payments made toward a homeowner's insurance deductible for certain losses.
- Introduced SB200 (2023) to provide that retaliation against an employee for an absence from work due to genetic testing or a medically necessary cancer screening shall be an unlawful employment practice
- Introduced SB212 (2023) to provide for the seizure of firearms from persons who pose a risk of imminent injury to self or others
- Introduced SB213 (2023) to provide relative to the costs for public records.
- Introduced SB227 (2023) to provide for state and local sales and use taxes on digital art sold in a cultural product district.
- Introduced SR19 (2023) to designate the week of April 11-17, 2023, as Black Maternal Health Week
- Introduced SR98 (2023) to request the Louisiana Department of Health to apply for a waiver from the United States Department of Health and Human Services to allow Medicaid reimbursement for individuals in detention
- Introduced SR128 (2023) to request the Department of Public Safety and Corrections to study and make recommendations relative to the provision of valid state identification documents to individuals released from state custody and the inclusion of such documents on LA Wallet
- Introduced SR132 (2023) to designate Friday, June 2, 2023, as National Gun Violence Awareness Day in Louisiana to honor and remember all victims and survivors of gun violence
- Introduced SR134 (2023) to request the La. Passenger Safety Task Force to study the feasability of creating a program to provide education on child passenger safety and coordinate the distribution of child safety seats to families in need
- Elected to the Louisiana Senate - District 05 in 2022.
- Voted against SB44 (2022) the "Fairness in Women's Sports Act", to require an athletic team or sporting event sponsored by an elementary, secondary, or postsecondary educational institution to be designated, based upon the biological sex of team members
- Introduced HB334 (2022) to provide relative to the role of peer support specialists in behavioral healthcare and authorizes hiring by behavioral healthcare providers of such personnel who have been convicted of certain offenses
- Introduced HB335 (2022) to identify a person who is unable to protect himself from serious physical harm or significant psychiatric deterioration as gravely disabled and defines psychiatric deterioration
- Introduced HB398 (2022) to increase the maximum civil penalties assessed by the Department of Environmental Quality
- Introduced HB473 (2022) to provide for a fee for the transmission of electronic copies of public records
- Introduced HB679 (2022) to extend the time the Board of Ethics has to notify an elected official regarding deficiencies in disclosure statements regarding certain transactions from 10 days after receipt of the statement to no later than the second regularly scheduled meeting of the board following receipt of the statement
- Introduced HB707 (2022) to provide for automated expungement of certain qualifying criminal records
- Introduced HB728 (2022) to provide relative to eligibility for medical release from prison
- Introduced HB729 (2022) to prohibit public access to photo identification of an arrested person
- Introduced HB730 (2022) to allow for parole eligibility for certain persons who meet certain requirements
- Introduced HB746 (2022) to provide relative to solitary confinement of juveniles
- Introduced HB784 (2022) to establish the Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders Act to improve awareness, screening, and treatment of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
- Introduced HB798 (2022) to prohibit state content standards and curriculum, content, methodology, and textbooks that limit or restrict the teaching of African American history
- Introduced HB981 (2022) to require each public school governing authority to provide instruction relative to mental health to students in kindergarten through grade 12
- Introduced HB982 (2022) to establish the Future of Louisiana Program (program) in the La. Dept. of Health (department) to provide qualified beneficiaries with a lump-sum payment to put towards postsecondary education, the purchase of a home, or the formation of a business, as explained in more detail below
- Introduced HB1054 (2022) to create the requirements for transportation network companies security camera systems and provide for grounds for violation
Oct 2022 21
It's been so quiet in the Lafayette City Court race that many of you have been asking us to take a look. So, here's what you should know about the candidates.