District: House District 91
Moon Griffon Nickname:
Seat mate: Tammy Phelps
Phone: 504-895-2526 call
Email: [email protected]
- 2023 - Received a 19% Pro-Life Voting Record with Louisiana Right to Life as a State Legislator.
- 07/13/2023 - Declared that the veto override session required by Article 3, Section 10 of the Louisiana Constitution was unnecessary.
- Introduced HB165 (2023) seeking a Constitutional Amendment to authorize the people to propose constitutional amendments and propose, amend, or repeal laws by initiative in the manner provided by law
- Introduced HB168 (2023) to repeal authorization allowing a person convicted of a violation of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law to be assessed an additional $100 as special costs of court to be used for the development or maintenance of Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) programs.
- Introduced HB247 (2023) to provide a nonrefundable income tax credit of up to $500 for individuals who purchase firearm safety devices
- Introduced HB255 (2023) to establish a tax credit for restaurants that donate oyster shells to approved oyster shell recycling programs or activities
- Introduced HB266 (2023) to provide for immunity from criminal prosecution and civil liability for pregnant women who experience pregnancy termination
- Introduced HB310 (2023) to provide for the reversal, stay, and appeal of a decision by the commissioner of alcohol and tobacco control
- Introduced HB351 (2023) to provide relative to a recommendation of medical marijuana in employment
- Introduced HB370 (2023) relative to criminal blighting of property, amends the definition of the crime and provides relative to penalties
- Introduced HB619 (2023) to provided for purposes of sales tax law, includes within the definition of "sales of services" sales of admissions to any museum that has as its primary purpose the showcasing of La. music and which opened to the public on or after a certain date, thereby causing such sales to be subject to sales tax
- Introduced HCR 21 (2023) to request the House and Governmental Affairs Committee and the Senate and Governmental Affairs Committee to meet and function as a joint committee to study and make recommendations with respect to the implementation of initiative and referendum, including recommended legislation, in a report to the legislature no later than 30 days prior to the 2024 R.S.
- Introduced HCR 104 (2023) to authorize and direct the legislative auditor to conduct semi-annual performance audits of Louisiana's state and local correctional facilities.
- Introduced HR196 (2023) to direct the continuation of the Safe Alternatives to Segregation Task Force established by HR No. 127 of the 2021 R.S., provides for the membership, powers, and duties of the task force, and requires the task force to report its findings.
- Voted against SB44 (2022) the "Fairness in Women's Sports Act", to require an athletic team or sporting event sponsored by an elementary, secondary, or postsecondary educational institution to be designated, based upon the biological sex of team members
- Introduced HB64 (2022) to change the definition of child from a person under the age of 17 to a person under the age of 18 in certain contexts
- Introduced HB160 (2022) regarding the abandonment of a rental premises following the declaration of a federally declared disaster
- Introduced HB175 (2022) to provide that inmates shall not be required to make a copayment upon receiving medical or dental treatment
- Introduced HB199 (2022) seeking a constitutional amendment setting term limits for Sheriffs
- Introduced HB209 (2022) seeking to allow governing authorities of certain parishes to adopt certain regulations related to firearms and ammunition
- Introduced HB257 (2022) to provide for early termination of lease agreements for certain lessees with physical or mental conditions that require relocation
- Introduced HB258 (2022) to provide that a person not under indictment, incarcerated under an order of indictment, or on probation or parole for a felony offense after a conviction rendered by a verdict from a non-unanimous jury shall be eligible to qualify to serve as a juror
- Introduced HB288 (2022) to limit tax assessors to no more than two and one-half terms in three consecutive terms in office
- Introduced HB352 (2022) to require pre-paid postage on absentee voting ballots
- Introduced HB393 (2022) to increase the maximum penalty that may be imposed for a violation of a parish or municipal ordinance
- Introduced HB516 (2022) to require each governing authority of a public high school to adopt policies regarding attendance, breastfeeding, and child care for students who are pregnant or parenting
- Introduced HB605 (2022) to define "conversion therapy" and prohibits certain licensed health professionals from engaging in that practice with any minor
- Introduced HB988 (2022) to provide relative to public employment of persons being treated with medical marijuana
- Introduced HB991 (2022) to provide for bad faith liability for the Louisiana Insurance Guaranty Association
- Introduced HB1027 (2022) to provide relative to criminal and civil liability of certain pregnancy outcomes
- Introduced HB1052 (2022) to establish the Hazard Mitigation Revolving Loan Fund to be administered by the Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, for the purpose of providing financial assistance to local government hazard mitigation projects
- Introduced HR138 (2022) to request a study of state laws relative to abortion
- Introduced HR269 (2022) to create the Employment and Medical Marijuana Task Force to study policies regarding employment and medical marijuana
- Introduced HB67 (2021) to legalize prostitution
No Results Found
The posts you requested could not be found. Try changing your module settings or create some new posts.