- October 14, 2023 - Re-elected to the Louisiana Senate (District 9) receiving 70% of the vote.
- 2023 - Received a 100% Pro-Life Voting Record with Louisiana Right to Life.
- Voted (Senate – Judiciary B Committee) in favor of Danny McCormick’s HB131 on Constitutional Carry. (Video 1:09:35) May 30, 2023
- Introduced SB123 (2023) to provide relative to recall petitions
- Introduced SB217 (2023) to create a state wide database for individuals convicted of child abuse/neglect
- Introduced SB36 (2023) to add that when the crime of simple assault is committed upon a store's or merchant's employee who is acting in the course and scope of his employment duties while the offender or principal of the offense is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of theft of goods, the offender or principal of the offense is to be fined not more than $500 and imprisoned for not less than 15 days nor more than six months without the benefit of suspension of sentence
- Introduced SB332 (2023) to remove the two-year residency requirement for alcohol retail permits
- Introduced SB406 (2023) to reduce the rate of oil severance tax for three years from 12.5% to 8% for newly drilled wells from which production begins between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2025
The surest sign of a suspicious financial transaction is a short deadline. It's no accident, then, that it was an artificial deadline that justified breaking the rules and breaking the bank.
Every Legislator is limited to only five non-fiscal bills this session. Some are great, but, as expected, some are nuts.