- Introduced SB33 (2023) to increase the amount of supplemental pay for eligible law enforcement and fire service employees
- Introduced SB78 (2023) to create the Fiscal Year 2024 Reserve Fund as a special fund in the state treasury. Any money transferred, donated, or appropriated to the fund by the legislature shall be deposited into the fund
- Introduced SB80 (2022) to increase the amount of supplemental pay for eligible law enforcement and fire service employees
- Introduced SB393 (2022) to designate the crime of possession of a firearm by a felon as a crime of violence
- Introduced SB495 (2022) to provide incentive rebates for oilfield site restoration associated with certain oil production
Jamie Pope contributed (greatly) to this article. Governor Edwards vetoed thirty-one (31) bills in the 2021 regular session. There are two that have garnered most of the attention. However, as we'll outline below, a large number of these vetoes kill very good...