- Introduced HB113 (2023) to exempt volunteer board members of interlocal risk management agencies formed by local housing authorities from submitting certain information to the commissioner of insurance
- Introduced HB352 (2023) to prohibit bare-knuckle boxing contests and competitions by the State Boxing and Wrestling Commission
- Introduced HB412 (2023) to establish the La. Imagination Library Program under the administration of the La. Educational Television Authority (LETA) for the purpose of encouraging reading and learning for young children and creates a fund for funding the program
- Introduced HB559 (2023) to expand the authority and duties of the Weights and Standards Stationary Scales Police Force to make it commensurate with that of other law enforcement officers and provides for related matters
- Introduced HB970 (2022) to create an early childhood literacy program for the purpose of delivering an age- appropriate book monthly to certain children under the age of five
- Introduced HB1013 (2022) to establish a minimum wage of $9.00 per hour for state employees
Every Legislator is limited to only five non-fiscal bills this session. Some are great, but, as expected, some are nuts.
As often as he has changed up the rules in attempt to silence us, its apparent the Speaker of the House has more time for petty vindictiveness than he has for defending small business and individual liberty.
Before the Veto Override Session began the political games were in full swing. From legislators not showing up to the governor admitting he made threats and promises to whip votes, the people never stood a chance at being represented. Inability to Perform Duties...
People advocating for abuse victims should advocate for all victims. Do men not deserve the same protections as women? It is time we acknowledge the double standard and work toward fixing it. We see a lot of messages advocating for abuse victims. Sometimes they are...
You may remember the fake "Fiscal Cliff" narrative JBE put out a few years ago. He called one special session after another, demanding (in two-year-old fashion) that taxes must be raised, or the entire state of Louisiana might just stuff off into the Gulf of...