District: House District 74
Moon Griffon Nickname:
Parishes: St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Washington
Seat mate: Paul Hollis
Phone: 985-400-4670 call
Email: [email protected]
- Introduced HB12 to reign in Governors emergency powers
- Introduced HB43 to protect the rights of Louisiana citizens relative to firearms ownership
- Introduced HB50 to require the mailing of the notice of the signing of an order of the court to the parties
- Introduced HB53 seeking a Constitutional Amendment protecting autonomy in making personal health care decisions
- Introduced HB93 requiring judges to grant uncontested continuances in a workers' compensation mediation, hearing, or trial
- Introduced HB94 seeking to require reimbursement for implants in workers compensation matters
- Introduced HB239 requiring judges to grant uncontested stays in workers' compensation cases
- Introduced HB304 to allow for health coverage plan benefits for physical therapy services delivered via telehealth
- Introduced HB474 to prohibit financial institutions from denying financial services to a person based upon a person's political affiliation or any environmental, social, or governmental credit factors.
- Introduced HB479 seeking to grant emergency privilege and access to a physician when any person with medical power of attorney requests the administration of certain medications and limits hospital liability
- Introduced HB850 to include administration of a health care provider in the definition of medical malpractice
Mar 2022 21
Balance of Power
Soon Louisiana will elect a new governor. Citizens are asking which candidate will be most willing to work with legislators on balancing power.
Jul 2021 20
Vetoed bills for the override session
Jamie Pope contributed (greatly) to this article. Governor Edwards vetoed thirty-one (31) bills in the 2021 regular session. There are two that have garnered most of the attention. However, as we'll outline below, a large number of these vetoes kill very good...