- 2023 - Received a 100% Pro-Life Voting Record with Louisiana Right to Life.
- Voted (Senate – Judiciary B Committee) in favor of Danny McCormick’s HB131 on Constitutional Carry. (Video 1:09:35) May 30, 2023
- Introduced SB109 (2023) to provide for balance billing by and reimbursement of covered health services provided by out-of-network emergency ambulance services
- Introduced SB110 (2023) to establish the "Cancer Patient's Right to Prompt Coverage Act"
- Introduced SB179 (2023) to add the requirement that all new roofs and replacement roofs constructed on residential property shall meet or exceed the standards of a fortified roof
- Introduced SB209 (2023) to provide for appointment of the Commissioner of Insurance
- Introduced SCR07 (2023) urging the commissioner of insurance to create the Hurricane Mitigation Commission to study and report findings and recommendations relative to the handling of property insurance claims in the wake of hurricanes and the necessity of a catastrophe savings account
- Introduced SCR19 (2023) to create the Task Force on Available and Affordable Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance to study and report on the impediments to obtaining affordable commercial motor vehicle insurance in Louisiana
- Introduced SB70 (2022) to create the crime of theft of a catalytic converter or engine control module and provides for dealer registration
- Introduced SB120 (2022) to provide relative to the payment of certain expenses in personal injury claims
- Introduced SB149 (2022) to increase the general one-year prescriptive period for delictual actions for injury or damages arising from the operation of any motor vehicle, aircraft, watercraft, or other means of conveyance to a two-year prescriptive period and retains the liberative prescription of three years for any act of sexual assault and remove the two-year period for damages arising from an act defined as a crime of violence
- Introduced SB161 (2022) to increase penalty of not less than 11 nor more than 20 years when the crime of carjacking is committed with a firearm or other dangerous weapon
- Introduced SB162 (2022) to provide certain requirements for the cancellation or nonrenewal of property insurance policies
- Introduced SB164 (2022) to provide relative to unfair discrimination in group health insurance against retired fire employees
- Introduced SB165 (2022) to provide for internal claims and appeals process and external review procedures for health insurance issuers
- Introduced SB166 (2022) to require nursing facilities to have generators
- Introduced SB167 (2022) to provide relative to emergency preparedness plans for nursing homes
- Introduced SB464 (2022) to provide for Medicaid coverage on a fee-for-service basis for rapid whole genome sequencing of a critically ill infant who is one year or younger, is receiving care in the intensive care unit or in the pediatric care unit, and has a complex illness of unknown etiology
Jun 2023 19
The surest sign of a suspicious financial transaction is a short deadline. It's no accident, then, that it was an artificial deadline that justified breaking the rules and breaking the bank.